Spicy Oats and Semolina Cake with Peanut Pickle
Crazy for the disc - Spicy Sujir Steamed Cake
By Barnali Dutta Published:Cooking has evolved into an act of existence from being just a habit of the sophisticated. My children, both my daughters and my son, wear a tasty intellect. They can accurately reconstruct taste memories of previous versions of a particular dish and chirp out advises like a pro. This is one of those favorite wholesome quick and comfort dishes that they can cook without knowing that they are cooking. They just like to add more nuts and less chili in the recipe.
4.8 stars based on
Prep time: |
Cook time: |
Yield: 12 cakes [6 servings]
Serving size: 2 cakes,
Calories per serving: 250,
Fat per serving: 2g
- For Cake : Semolina or Suji: 250g
- Oats: 100g
- Sour Curd: 350g
- Water: 100g
- Salt: to taste
- Sugar: 1/2 tsp
- Eno Fruit Salt: 2 tsp
- For tempering : Minced carrot, shallot, green chili, ginger: 1 tbsp
- Coarsely broken peanuts: 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves: 8 to 10, torn finely
- Black mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil: 2 tsp
- For peanut pickle : Salted peanuts: 1 tbsp
- Grilled cherry tomato: 1 tbsp
- Tamarind pulp: Boiled, 2 tsp
- Dried red chili: Boiled, 2 to 4
- Salt: to taste
- Gingelly [sesame] oil: 1 tsp
- Mix and beat suji, oats, curd, water, salt and sugar. Keep aside for 10 minutes
- Grind to make a paste all the ingredients of pickle, keep aside.
- Now heat the oil for tempering, add black mustard seeds in the hot oil and wait until cracking the seeds, add chili, ginger and curry leaves. Put off the fire and add all the nuts and vegetables for tempering. Mix well. Now season the semolina mixture with the tempering and mix well.
- Grease the silicone cake mould first with little oil. Now add the Eno fruit salt to the semolina mixture with the help of a spoon pour immediately in the mould. Cook in the microwave oven for 7 to 8 minutes micro on medium [375–400°F] temperature.
- Serve hot with peanut pickle.