Though the beverages 'Tea' or 'Coffee' are easy to prepare, certain approved practices should
be followed without exception to assure consistently excellent taste. The principles in the preparation of tea is the same. to obtain a maximum of flavor, aroma and color and a minimum of astringent ingredient. Perfectly made one cup of standard tea is clear; black tea color will be amber, green tea color will be yellow, no bitterness, flavor distinctive of blend and with delicate aroma.
To make the best flavorful tea follow the basic suggestions.
- Use an earthenware or glass pot and use it exclusively for tea making.
- Never boil tea.
- Use accurate measures of tea and fresh cold water. Average-strength tea is the brew obtained from 1 teaspoon tea or 1 tea bag to 1 cup water.
- Weaker tea is best made by diluting regular strength tea with hot water.
- For the best flavor, steeping time should not exceed 5 minutes.
Green tea with honey and lemon juice
- Water, freshly boiling.
- Place the tea in a freshly scalded pot.
- Pour boiling water over tea. Cover.
- Steep 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cup through strainer if using leaf tea.
- Add honey and lemon.
- Serve immediately.
- If tea is not served promptly, pour brew into a preheated serving pot.
SUBSTITUTIONS AND VARIATIONS
- Sugar and milk may be served with the tea if you like Indian dudh chai or milk-based tea.
- Add milk, sugar, peppercorn, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick while boiling water if you prefer Nepali Masala Chai.
- Butter tea, a traditional Tibetan tea known as Po Cha, black tea with half teaspoon unsalted butter.
- Ginger tea especially on rainy day.
- Blooming tea, I prefer hibiscus one, my favorite flowering tea.
- Regardless, Darjeeling tea, my all time favorite, good quality fannings for regular uses are easily available in Kolkata.
Prepare tea using 3 tablespoons or 9 tea bags for each 2 cups freshly boiling water. Steep 3 to 5 minutes. Strain into serving pitcher. Add 2 cups cold water. Let stand at room temperature until ready to-serve. Pour into glasses filled with cracked ice.
Double the proportion of tea, adding it to cold water. Let stand about 8 hours in refrigerator. Strain. Pour, over cracked ice in glasses, add 2 tablespoon chilled orange juice and serve.
Join us on