Steamed prawn and poppy seeds
- Prawn, de-shelled and deveined 300 grams
- Poppy seed 1 tablespoon, soaked a little in warm water
- Shredded coconut, 2 tablespoon
- Green chilli 2 to 3, as per taste
- Mustard oil, 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasundi (mustard paste) 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Lemon juice, 1 tsp
- Make a fine paste of all the ingredients except mustard oil, mix well.
- Put the mixture in a sal leaf (shorea robusta) bowl and cover with another bowl with the help of white thread.
- You can also take banana leaf, make cones with banana leaf. To do this, you need to heat the leaf to make it soft so that it would not tear off.
- Put the mixture into the cone and close with toothpicks.
- Steam or hot bath all the cones or sal leaf bowl pockets or put into the rice pot while cooking the rice.
- After 5 to 7 minutes take out the pouches.
- Add mustard oil, optionally you can add 1 teaspoon kasundi (mustard paste) to it,
- Add lemon juice and chopped green chili, take this exquisite dish with piping hot rice.
Yield: 4 servings | Calories per serving: 350